||Policies and Information
For students enrolling in online courses at EKU
- General Policies for All Students
- Students should satisfy the technical proficiencies required for the online course:
familiarity with computers, the Internet, and World Wide Web. See
"Prerequisites for Students Enrolling in an Online Course."
- Students not previously enrolled at Eastern Kentucky University should submit
their online admission application NO LATER THAN August 1 (Fall), January 1
(Spring), May 1 (Intersession), or June 1 (Summer).
- All students must register with EKU in order to participate in a class and receive
- EKU policies concerning course registration, withdrawal, satisfactory progress,
grading, and other academic matters apply to EKU online courses.
- If an EKU online course has a required real-time interactive component, students
must have access to a computer and the Internet at the time(s) required and must
participate in real-time interactions at the time(s) instructed.
- Students agree to the following statement appearing in the syllabus:
By enrolling in this course, I give my instructor permission to publish and
distribute transcripts of real-time conversations, discussion forum postings,
listserv contributions, email messages, Web pages (including images,
photographs, graphs, and charts), and any other materials produced for this
- Registration for EKU Students
- EKU students must obtain approval from their academic advisor before
registering for an EKU online course.
- Registration for an EKU online course is the same as for other EKU courses. It
can be accomplished
- By touchtone phone through the Colonel Connection (606/622-2020)
- At the Registration Center (Combs 218)
- At an EKU extended campus location (Corbin, Danville, Manchester)
- Transfer of Credit for Non-EKU Students
If a student intends to transfer credit from the EKU online course to another institution,
he or she must first consult with the appropriate official(s) at his or her own institution
and receive approval for taking an EKU online course. It is the student's responsibility to
request transfer of the credit after the course is completed.
- Financial Aid
Financial assistance is available for degree seeking, eligible students enrolled in online
courses. Students must meet all federal eligibility requirements and be enrolled for a
minimum of six (6) credit hours. To apply, complete the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid and EKU Request for Aid forms. For more information, contact the Division
of Student Financial Assistance .
- Tuition and Billing
- EKU online and traditional classroom courses have the same tuition. Kentucky
residents pay in-state tuition; non-residents pay out-of-state tuition. Tuition rates
are posted in the current EKU Schedule of Classes and on the University's Web
Online Courses site at < http://www.online.eku.edu >.
- The student is responsible for full payment of tuition, fees, and all other debts to
the University. Students are responsible for payment even though they do not
receive a billing statement. Contact the Division of Billings and Collections
(606/622-7232) for general information and credit card payments (606/622-7242).
- Withdrawals and Refunds
Policies concerning withdrawals and refunds for EKU online courses are the same as those
for all other courses offered by the University. See the current EKU Schedule of Classes
for information on withdrawals and refunds on the University's Web site at
EKU online course textbooks are available in the Eastern Kentucky Bookstore. Contact
the Bookstore's textbook office at 606/622-2696 for information on orders.
- Enrollment Period and Extensions
It is expected that EKU online courses will be completed during the semester in which
enrollment is undertaken. However, should a student be unable to complete a course
within the regularly scheduled semester, he or she may request an "incomplete" grade
from the instructor. Should the instructor decide an "incomplete" is warranted, the work
must be completed before the end of the next semester or the grade automatically reverts
to an "F."