Campus Events Remember, Reflect on World War I
A series of events at Eastern Kentucky University March 13-19 comprise “World War One: Remembrance and Reflection.”
The complete schedule:
· Friday, March 13 – Screening of “All Quiet on the Western Front,” 4:30 p.m., John Grant Crabbe Main Library, Room 108.
· Monday, March 16 – “Comrade, I Did Not Want to Kill You: Patriotism, Pacifism, and the International Reception of ‘All Quiet on the Western Front,’ public lecture by Dr. Karen Petrone, University of Kentucky, 7 p.m., Crabbe Library Grand Reading Room.
· Wednesday, March 18 – Screening of “Paths of Glory,” 7 p.m., Crabbe Library, Room 108.
· Thursday, March 19 – World War I and the Arts, Richard Crosby, Foundation Professor, Department of Music; Herb Goodman, professor and chair, Department of Art and Design; Charlotte Rich, Department of English and Theatre Arts; 6:30-7:15 p.m., Black Box Theatre, EKU Center for the Arts.
· Thursday, March 19 – Kronos Quartet, featuring multimedia piece entitled “World War I Chronicles,” 7:30 p.m., EKU Center for the Arts. Student tickets are $15; for additional ticket information, visit ekucenter.com.
All events are open to the public and, other than the Kronos Quartet concert, free. Aside from the concert, all events are sponsored by EKU’s Department of History.
Published on March 02, 2015