College of Education Adds 6 to Wall of Honor
Eastern Kentucky University’s College of Education has named six more individuals to its Wall of Honor.
The Wall, which is located on the fourth floor of the Combs Building on EKU’s campus, recognizes those men and women who have made significant contributions to the College or to education or the helping professions in Kentucky.
The latest members of the Wall will be honored at a dinner banquet on Tuesday, Oct. 26, at 6:30 p.m. in the Perkins Building. The event is free, but reservations must be made by Oct. 20 by contacting Dr. Billy Thames at 859-622-2581 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newest inductees are:
• Esther Leung, professor in EKU’s Department of Special Education.
• Nancy Peel, professor of mathematics education in EKU’s Department of Curriculum and Instruction from 1967 to 2000.
• David Rush, director of student teaching for EKU’s College of Education, 1970-2000.
• Johanna Strange, science teacher at Model Laboratory School, 1976-94.
• Joe David and the late Alice Martin, EKU graduates. Mr. Martin established an endowed scholarship for the College of Education in honor of Ms. Martin.
• Robert Tarvin, graduate and executive director of the Kentucky School Facilities Commission.
Honorees fall into two categories: faculty and staff, and alumni and friends. To be considered for induction, faculty and staff must be retired, with at least 20 years of service to the College. Alumni and friends must have multiple years of service to the College or to education or the helping professions in Kentucky. In all cases, the nomination letters should outline the nominee’s contributions.
Recipients of significant state, regional or national awards will be immediately eligible for induction, Thames said.
Letters of nomination for the Wall may be sent to Dr. Billy Thames, Combs 213, Eastern Kentucky University, 521 Lancaster Ave., Richmond, Ky., 40475. For more information, contact Thames at 859-622-2581 or email@example.com.
Contact InformationBilly Thames