Spring 2024 (Virtual) Ensemble Audition Procedures
Read instructions carefully.
- Download and prepare the audition excerpts for your instrument.
- Complete the registration form ONLY when you are ready to submit your audition video.
- Once you’ve prepared your excerpts, record all audition material on ONE video file. Upload file to YouTube as an unlisted link. You will paste the video link at the bottom of the registration form.
- Test the video’s audio quality and ensure the YouTube link is accurate and working before submitting.
- This form and video auditions are due by 11:59 PM on Monday, December 11, 2023.
- Avoid waiting until the last minute. Prepare and submit your video audition BEFORE the deadline. What we CANNOT control is last-minute technology or Wi-Fi issues that could result in missing the audition deadline. What we CAN control is our time management and starting the process early so there’s time and space to troubleshoot potential issues.
Ensemble auditions are required for all music majors, minors, and those in applied studio lessons. Membership in the EKU Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble requires a prepared audition of all excerpts. Membership in the EKU Concert Band does not require an audition; however, students are encouraged to audition for placement.
Rankings and Placement
Auditions are ranked by ensemble directors and applied faculty. The rankings determine ensemble placement, and results will be shared via email before classes start. Students are responsible for finalizing their schedules before the start of classes.
Rehearsals are scheduled to begin during the first week of classes (January 16-19, 2024).