Build on your love for language with the Master of Arts in English and Writing Professions program at Eastern Kentucky University. Our career-oriented program’s unique curriculum will prepare you for work in administration, instruction and digital copywriting in both the academy and the private sector. Learn from award-winning faculty with backgrounds in marketing, cultural theory and creative writing. Choose to complete your degree fully online or participate in a low-residency, on-campus experience.
- An English minor or equivalent (18 credit hours of literature and/or language classes)
- Minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of less than 2.5 are required to complete the GRE:
- 150 or higher Verbal
- 4.0 or higher Analytical Writing
- Admission deadlines are August 1 for fall semester and January 2 for spring semester
Job Opportunities for Graduates
- Administrator of a writing center or writing program at post-secondary institutions
- Communications and training specialist for an array of businesses
- Instructor of writing and literature classes at post-secondary institutions
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Higher education administration:
- Eastern Kentucky University
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- University of Kentucky
- Colorado State University
- Bluegrass Community and Technical College
- Higher education instruction:
- University of Cincinnati
- James Madison University
- Georgetown University
- K-12 leadership
- High schools throughout Kentucky and abroad
- Non-profit organizations:
- Shaker Village in Harrodsburg, KY
- Children’s Dental Health Project in Washington, D.C.
- Kentuckians for the Commonwealth
- Media companies
- Education services companies
- Private sector training and instruction:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- The Learning House
- Corporate technical writing and copywriting:
- Pacific Architects and Engineers
- American Health Packaging
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.