The Eastern Kentucky University School of Music provides a relevant and comprehensive music curriculum through individualized attention and student-centered learning. We create a diverse community of musical leaders for the 21st century who will enhance the fabric of their society, the Commonwealth and beyond, through the power of music. Through the EKU Master of Music program, our students with a passion for music can develop the skill set necessary to pursue a vibrant career in music education, performance or conducting.
|Master of Music|
|Music Education (Online)|
Eastern Kentucky University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.
- Individuals interested in the M.M. program must apply and be admitted to both the EKU Graduate School and the EKU Department of Music.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 overall undergraduate GPA or higher.
- If undergraduate GPA is less than 2.5, applicants must submit official GRE scores to be considered for Probationary Admission. Expected target scores on the GRE for Probationary Admission are:
- 144 on the Verbal.
- 3.0 on the Analytical Writing sections.
- Applicants must submit undergraduate transcripts.
- Applicants seeking degrees in conducting or performance will need to arrange an audition with the appropriate faculty specialist. More information on specific audition requirements can be found by visiting EKU School of Music Audition Information.
A limited number of assistantships are available to qualified candidates. To apply for an assistantship, applicants must be admitted to a concentration program within the EKU School of Music. In addition, students should return the following application (PDF, 249 Kb) and accompanying materials by February 15th to:
Dr. Nathan Jasinski, Associate Chair and Graduate Coordinator
EKU School of Music – Foster 101
521 Lancaster Avenue
Richmond, KY 40475
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Teaching and conducting music in public and private schools, including P-12 and higher education settings
- Employed within the music industry field, such as with major music manufacturers and musical organizations
- Performing in professional symphonies and military bands throughout the country
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.