With an Eastern Kentucky University Minor of Art History, you will acquire transferable skills which can be applied to a variety of professional roles. These skills include communication, problem-solving, creative thinking, self-discipline and hand-eye coordination.
A student may minor in Art History by completing a minimum of 18 hours as follows:
- ARH 392: Survey of Global Art History or 392W: Survey of Global Art History
- ARH 393: Survey of Global Art History II or 393W: Survey of Global Art History II
- ART 563: Art Theory and Criticism Seminar
PLUS 9 hours of art history electives from:
- ARH 463: Problems in Art History
- ARH 464: Renaissance and Baroque Art
- ARH 465: History of Graphic Arts
- ARH 467: U.S. Architectural History.
- ARH 490: Art in the Age of Revolutions
- ARH 491: The Rise of Modernism
- ARH 494: Women and the Visual Arts
- ARH 497: History of Modern Art
- ARH 498: U.S. Art History