At the conclusion of the search, the Department Chair releases the Search Committee from its responsibilities.
The Search Committee Chair provides a copy of all search materials to the Department Chair, who will forward them to the Office of the Provost for record maintenance in compliance with the three-year retention schedule. Search Committee members must purge any extraneous copies of these records from their files.
Search materials to be forwarded to the Office of the Provost may include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate CVs, application letters, and other application documents (if distributed outside of OES)
- Criteria and evaluation rubrics
- Interview questions
- All other evaluative tools and candidate assessments
- Interview schedules
- Position descriptions
- Search Committee membership and documentation, including training certifications and the Confidentiality Agreements
- Search budget/expense documents
- Approval memos, emails, etc.