The application for Spring 2024 first-year incoming students is not yet live. Please check back soon for more updates.
If you are an incoming student, you will receive an email from your admissions counselor once the application is open.
If you are a returning student, keep an eye on your EKU email for more information.
If you are having trouble accessing your EKU Email – follow the instructions below:
- Set up your myEKU Account. To do so, login to your Admissions Portal and enter the email and password you used when applying to the University.
- Choose your application on the screen, and it will open a Welcome to Colonel Nation page.
- On the Welcome page, select “EKU Direct.” You will see a student number, password, and student email account.
- The directions (in blue) will allow you to set up your EKU Direct account (administrative University account to add/drop classes, view grades, etc.) and your email account.
Welcome Future Colonel!
We are so excited that you plan to make Eastern Kentucky University your home in the Fall of 2023 or Spring 2024!
The housing application for first-year incoming students is now live!
Please complete the steps below to begin your journey to living on campus:
- You must be admitted to the University to apply for Housing. If you need to apply, visit the Admissions webpage and submit your application for acceptance.
- Once you have been admitted, please wait 48 hours before you apply for housing. It takes time for our system to populate with your information. Your username and password will be the same as your EKU Student Email credentials.
- Pay your Colonel Commitment Fee. (You cannot apply for housing before this fee is paid.) You can pay your Colonel Commitment Fee in your Admissions Portal. For questions about this fee, please contact Admissions.
- You must submit your Housing Application by visiting the Housing Portal.
- If you are under the age of 18 on the day you complete the application, you must provide a valid email address for your parent or legal guardian to sign on your behalf. This is required to finalize your application.
- Complete the roommate match questions included in the application. Please answer these questions honestly. You will have the opportunity to match or pull in a roommate at a later date.
- Room Selection will begin in June. At this time, you will have the opportunity to select your living space and pull in a roommate.
- If you do not have a roommate in mind, you will have the opportunity to utilize matching software to match with an individual.
- Room Selection dates and times are randomly assigned by Housing and Residence Life. After you apply for housing, keep an eye on your EKU email for information on when you can select your space.
Check out the video above for step by step instructions on completing the Housing Application if you are an incoming student.
Questions about completing the Housing Application?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call at 859-622-1515.
- The Housing Application can be found in your Housing Portal.
- This application MUST be completed by all students who plan to live on campus in the Fall of 2023.
- The non-refundable $100 housing commitment fee must be paid to complete the application.
- Please complete the Roommate Questionnaire in the Housing Application honestly. This will be used to assist in matching you with another student.
- To be a part of the room selection process, you must apply before February 8 for priority selection or March 1st for general selection. Completing your Housing Application early does NOT guarantee you will have first choice of room selection.
- If you would like to live in a Living Learning Community, complete the LLC application as part of the Housing Application. Additional information about placement will be available during the Room Selection process.