For details on transferring to EKU, go to the Student Outreach and Transition Office (SOTO) website.
A transfer student at EKU:
- Has earned 23 or fewer hours of college work since high school graduation* or
- Has earned or is in progress with 24 or more semester hours at another institution.
To apply as a transfer:
- Complete the EKU online application
- Provide official college transcripts for each institution attended reflecting all coursework attempted or earned. Only credits from regionally accredited institutions will be accepted.
- *Students who have earned 23 hours or fewer of college credits after high school graduation must also provide a final high school transcript along with ACT or SAT scores and meet the requirements for incoming freshmen.
For assistance with submitting the online application or to request a paper application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scholastic requirement is a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale. Students must be in good academic and financial standing at their previous institution.
Transfer students from United States markets entering EKU may be eligible for the new Out-of-State Rate, which can save students more than $9,000 off the annual tuition costs.
Waived Application Fee
In an effort to make EKU more accessible, we are waiving the undergraduate transfer application fee for Fall 2022 for students who live in our service region or one of the Appalachian Regional Commission counties in Kentucky. We are also waiving the application fee for students transferring from KCTCS for Fall 2022.
The service region and Appalachian Regional Commission counties include Adair, Bath, Bell, Boyd, Boyle, Breathitt, Carter, Casey, Clark, Clay, Clinton, Cumberland, Edmonson, Elliott, Estill, Fleming, Floyd, Garrard, Green, Greenup, Harlan, Hart, Jackson, Johnson, Knott, Knox, Laurel, Lawrence, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lewis, Lincoln, McCreary, Madison, Magoffin, Martin, Menifee, Metcalfe, Monroe, Montgomery, Morgan, Nicholas, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Pulaski, Robertson, Rockcastle, Rowan, Russell, Wayne, Whitley, and Wolfe.
The waived application fee is only for students that have not yet applied for admission. Don’t delay – apply for free today!
Please note: The application fee is not required of students seeking admission as a Veteran, EKU Now! or High School Special Admit student.