The Facilitation Center is part of University Outreach & Engagement at Eastern Kentucky University (EKU) and works closely with all EKU colleges, departments, and administrative offices, providing services ranging from strategic planning and curriculum development to problem-solving and team-building retreats. The Center actively supports the university’s vision, mission, values, and strategic goals in a myriad of ways:
- The Center models and teaches approaches that enable others to adapt and succeed in a dynamic, global society, which is a part of the EKU vision.
- The Center works with hundreds of organizations to enhance their intellectual capacity, economic vitality, environmental sustainability, and quality of life, directly supporting the university’s emphasis on regional stewardship.
- The Center uses a facilitative model to promote and teach critical and creative thinking, a core value and goal of the university.
- The Center works directly with students and faculty and directly and indirectly supports their professional and personal growth, engagement, leadership skills, and scholarship.
- The Center is highly regarded nationally and internationally for its expertise, and it promotes this standard of excellence the university holds.
Aside from its ongoing involvement in supporting EKU’s leadership and academic departments, the Center also serves many state and national agencies and organizations, other universities and community colleges, and private businesses.