Founded in 1988, EKU Honors makes the best intellectual resources at EKU available to a limited group of talented and motivated students.
EKU Honors is designed for students just like you who want an in-depth college classroom experience with a strong grounding in an interdisciplinary, liberal arts education. Whatever your major, you’ll take advantage of our small, innovative classes that can replace some of your general education and university requirements. Before you graduate as an Honors Scholar, you’ll complete an honors thesis on a topic of your choice.
As an EKU Honors student, you’ll get to know your fellow students and professors at our monthly pizza suppers and on trips to local theatre and dance performances, the Louisville opera, and the National Collegiate Honors Council Conference, where more students from EKU present than from any other honors program or college in the nation. In EKU Honors, you’ll make friends that last a lifetime.
- The Incoming First-Year and Transfer Student Application for Fall 2023 is now available.
- If you want to visit campus and see what it’s like to be an EKU Honors student sign up for Honors Preview Day on Saturday October 15.
- Current EKU students who did not begin EKU Honors as incoming first-year students – if you are interested in joining honors, fill out the application for Spring 2023.
- The website “HonorSociety.org” is not associated with EKU Honors. Joining HonorSociety.org and paying the membership fee does not make you a member of EKU Honors, nor does membership in any other honor society.
Our honors curriculum paths are personalized to your specific major and educational goals.
- Planning to begin EKU Honors in your first semester of college? Get a basic curriculum guide.
- Planning to begin EKU Honors after your first semester of college? Get a basic curriculum guide.
- Want to know specifics about how your major, prior credit, and educational goals might shape your EKU Honors experience? Email us at email@example.com
The mission of EKU Honors is to provide its students with the best intellectual resources available at the university in order to empower them to attain their highest academic and professional goals. We develop the whole student by way of our small, interdisciplinary classes, our support of student research and travel to regional and national conferences, and our offering of a wide variety of cultural and out-of-classroom experiences.
EKU Honors aspires to national recognition as an exemplary program. Our graduates will be successful in their chosen academic and professional paths, as well as informed and responsible citizens in their local communities and the world. We will build on our traditional strengths by extending honors opportunities to broader segments of the EKU student body while continuing to cultivate a spirit of creative and innovative learning and teaching throughout the EKU community.
Six “E”s of EKU Honors
We use our six “E”s of EKU Honors to guide many of our choices in the honors program. Specifically, we seek students who want to:
- Engage with their campus community
- Examine new ideas across disciplinary boundaries
- Explore opportunities for research and nationally competitive awards
- Experience new ideas, communities, and cultures
- Excel as a leader inside and outside of the classroom
- Enhance their EKU experience through internships, co-ops, and other methods of increasing their employability after graduation