Please carefully review the information on this page.
- The Incoming First-Year and Transfer Student Application for Fall 2024 is now live.
- Are you a current EKU student who wants to join EKU Honors in Spring 2024? Apply here!
EKU Honors strives to build an incoming class of future leaders from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. Application to Honors is a competitive process. There are a limited number of spots available to new honors students each year.
The priority application deadline is January 15, and the final application deadline is April 1. We strongly encourage all applicants to apply by the priority deadline.
The Honors application includes the online application form and three short essays. Each honors application is reviewed and considered. Instructions for the essays are below. Please review these instructions before beginning your application.
EKU Honors is looking for students who communicate in clear and creative ways. Please include your answers to each of the following prompts in one document. Get an example of how your essay document should look. Please follow these instructions when preparing your essays:
- Save your essay file with the answers to all three essay prompts as a PDF labeled as “lastname_firstname_essays.pdf”
- Your PDF should be double-spaced in a 12-point font. Each response should be no more than 250 words.
Essay prompts (answer all 3):
- Explain what motivates you to engage in the EKU community and how you hope to become a leader inside and outside the classroom during your time at EKU and beyond.
- Use a specific example from your previous personal and/or educational experiences to tell us how you are ready and eager to become part of a community of actively engaged students and faculty.
- How do you see yourself contributing to the EKU Honors Program, and what else would you like to tell us about yourself to help us get to know you better?