The Spring/Summer 2023 Trailblazer Grant deadline has passed. Information about Spring/Summer 2024 Trailblazer Grants will be available in early Fall 2023.
Trailblazer Grants are designed to assist Honors students with the cost of education abroad or education away experiences. Trailblazer Grants provide up to $1,500 for eligible experiences; students applying to attend an eligible study abroad program in East Asia may be eligible to receive a Trailblazer Grant of up to $2,500.
Spring and Summer 2023 programs are eligible for these grants. Grants will be distributed either by the Education Abroad Office or by EKU Honors directly to the program. Eligible education abroad experiences include any program authorized by the Education Abroad Office. Eligible domestic education away experiences include:
- The Washington Center Internships (opens new tab) (Dr. Anne Cizmar, in the EKU Department of Government, is the campus coordinator for this program. Please email her at email@example.com for more information.)
- Other programs as approved by the EKU Honors executive director
- Students must be in good standing in EKU Honors and be in their second or third year of college.
- Students must have actively discussed the education abroad or education away experience in which they are interested with one of the following individuals: Jennifer White or Katie Samuel for education abroad experiences or Dr. Anne Cizmar for The Washington Center internships.
- Complete the online application form, including EKU ID number, GPA and major(s).
- Submit an essay explaining how you expect your participation in your education abroad or education away program will contribute to your educational and professional goals. Your essay should be no more than 500 words and should be typed and double-spaced.