If you are interested in the certificate in PTW, please contact Dr. Rick Mott (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The certificate in Professional and Technical Writing (PTW) at EKU is unique in Kentucky because of its:
- Brevity: students earn the CPTW by taking only 6 classes.
- Breadth: classes are spread across 3 departments in 2 colleges and offer a comprehensive background in the fundamental skills required of professional and technical writers.
- Depth: in addition to learning fundamental writing and communication skills, CPTW students learn advanced visual design skills, international business communication approaches, and successful job search strategies.
- Awards: CPTW students have won the August and November cover design contests at the international journal Technical Communication for the past 4 years (2019 – 2022).
- ENG 300 Introduction to Technical and Professional Writing
- ENG 400 Advanced Technical Writing and Document Production
- ENG 500 Visual Rhetoric
- BEM 202 Information Gathering
- BEM 203 Introduction to Media Writing
- CCT 310 International Business Communication