SRNA Classes Coming Soon!
The State Registered Nurse Aide Program at Eastern Kentucky University is a Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services approved program. The curriculum covers 59 hours of classroom instruction with an additional 16 hours of clinical practice. During EKU’s Fall semester, we offer a nine-week evening program beginning in October. Our Spring semester evening training typically begins in February or March. During our Summer session, the SRNA training will begin in July and can be completed in a four-week day program.
- Class is limited to 15 students on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Tuition— $995 and is approved for the Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship Program.
- Program Benefits: simple application process: no ACT required, ages 16 and up are eligible: High School students can enroll; local instructor, Tammy Jones, has twenty five plus years of nurse aide training experience; local jobs are available!
Work Ready Kentucky Scholarships Program (WRKS)
To Apply for WRKS funding:
- Complete the FAFSA form (include EKU as school choice, EKU School Code: 001963)
- Complete the 2023-2024 WRKS Application. Log in to MYKHEAA to apply. Subject to the availability of funds, award determinations are made on a first-come, first-serve basis by WRKS application date.
After you successfully complete the training program and pass the State exam, your skills will always be in demand. As a State Registered Nurse Aide, you will be an important part of today’s health care system. Your responsibilities will include giving basic nursing and personal care to patients and/or residents. Nursing assistants can work in a variety of settings including hospitals, assisted living facilities long-term care facilities, and home health care agencies.
Complete the following form to start the registration process.