Depending on your program, there may be more requirements than listed here. Be sure to check with your Academic Advisor and Faculty Coordinator to make sure you’re doing everything you need to do to complete the credit for your program.
Once you have found and been selected for a position, begin and properly complete your for-credit co-op/internship by following the three steps below:
Step 1 – Log into Handshake
- Select the blue EKU Login button
- Use your EKU username and password to access your account.
Step 2 – Request an Experience
Choose Career Center and then Experiences
Choose Request an Experience
- Please answer all the questions
- Provide a well-written detailed job description
- Identify your Faculty Coordinator.
- You must complete a minimum of 80 hours of work per credit hour requested
- If you are unsure of how many credit hours to register for, contact your Faculty Coordinator
Step 3 – Assignments
- Access the timesheet under Career Center/Resources in Handshake. Download and save the semester time sheet.
- Track ALL hours worked (Time sheet should automatically calculate).
- Upload time sheet on due date to Career Center>Experience>View Details>Add Attachment
- Handshake will email the evaluation to you and your supervisor during the last 2 weeks of the semester
Co-op and Internship Manual: COMING SOON!