To apply to the combined BSOS/OTD program, you must first be accepted to attend EKU. You can apply to EKU on the website.
Applications are now open for Fall 2024 admission. Applicants will be notified of their admission decision within 3 weeks of submitting all application requirements. Click on the application link and log in as a returning user with your EKU login information.
Applications due April 15, 2024!
Additional information for your application:
- Transcripts: If you are currently completing classes, submit final transcripts once the grades are posted. If you are currently completing a degree in something other than Occupational Science at EKU, submit final transcripts once the degree is posted.
- Personal statement: We require a brief personal statement so we can understand the events in your life that have prepared you to apply to an occupational therapy program. In a concise way, tell us what sets you apart from other applicants (250 words or less).
- Resume: You will upload a resume or list of your work experience and/or previous experience with health and wellness (for example, observation/ shadowing, volunteer work, mission work, etc.)
- Diversity: We value diverse applicants. Diversity can mean many different things, such as race, age, military experience, sexual orientation, bilingual skills, and other life/ cultural experiences. You can express this in your personal statement and/or resume.
- Recommendation Forms: These forms are generated in the online application; you will need to submit email addresses for three individuals who can speak to your success in the program. They cannot be family members. They can be professors, or individuals you have worked with in other environments like volunteer work, church, or employment.
- Health Science Reasoning Test (HSRT): Applicants should only take the HSRT one time for their application to the BSOS program. Additional test scores will not be counted. It is recommended to complete the HSRT during spring semester in which the student is applying to the program.
Application to the OS/OTD program does not guarantee acceptance.
All students must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 before entering the graduate (OTD) portion of the curriculum. Students who do not wish to receive the Covid-19 vaccine will not be able to progress to the graduate program to complete their occupational therapy degree, so should not enter the Occupational Science program.