If you want to advance your career in psychology, look no further than Eastern Kentucky University’s Master of Science in General Psychology. This program offers advanced training and the opportunity to learn through classroom training and hands-on research experience, giving its graduates a solid foundation to pursue a career or continue into a doctorate-level program.
|M.S. in General Psychology|
|Experimental Psychology (on campus)|
|Applied Behavior Analysis (online)|
Experimental Psychology Concentration:
- A minimum of five undergraduate psychology courses including general psychology, statistics and experimental psychology plus two other acceptable courses [Comparable courses in relevant disciplines (e.g., human resources, business) will be considered.]
- A overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or higher OR 2.75 for the last 60 hours (Students receiving clear admission to graduate programs in psychology usually have an overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or higher.)
- A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score V-149; Q-141; AW-4.0
- Academic transcripts submitted for any undergraduate and graduate work
- Completion of an online application including a personal statement (describing your research interests and the faculty whose work seems most similar to your own), three letters of recommendation (two related to the undergraduate major, with at least one from faculty) and curriculum vitae/resume
- An undergraduate psychology degree (other degrees with psychology content are also appropriate)
- Overall undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or higher OR 2.75 in the last 60 hours
- Minimum of one research course and one statistics course
- Minimum of three additional courses in psychology or a related discipline
- GRE: if undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 then satisfactory performance on the general sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Personal statement addressing the following areas: A). What personal characteristics do you possess that you believe are important to the practice of applied behavior analysis? Do you possess any particular strengths that you feel will be an asset to you in graduate school? What about any personal challenges that you think might hinder your progress? B.) What are your professional goals? C.) Describe any experiences that have particularly prepared you for graduate student in applied behavior analysis (e.g., co-op; internships, work experiences, life experiences). D.) If you feel that any portion of your application does not accurately reflect your academic skills or preparation for graduate school in psychology [e.g., GRE, skills or preparation for graduate school in psychology (e.g., GRE, GPA, etc.)], please explain.
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
Graduates have been accepted to Ph.D. programs in psychology as well as law school. Other graduates are working as adjunct or part-time faculty at community colleges and regional universities.
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.