Transfer Student Scholarships*
|Scholarship Name||Annual Award||Qualifying College GPA|
- Students must have earned a minimum of 24 college credits to be eligible.
- Students must maintain an EKU GPA of 3.0+, be enrolled full-time, and earn a minimum of 12 credit hours to retain award.
- Maximum award is for three (3) academic years (fall and spring).
- Students enrolled in 100% online programs are not eligible.
- Students who have already earned a baccalaureate degree are not eligible.
- Only in-state students are eligible.
*Out of state transfer students, from any U.S. state, benefit from the Out of State Discounted Rate. Students must enroll full time to get the discount.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
All admissible on-campus transfer students who are Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) chapter members who attended the college associated with their PTK affiliation within the past five years are eligible to receive a $1,500 annual scholarship. This renewable scholarship is stackable with other university merit based scholarships and out-of-state tuition discounts. Recipients will be automatically added as auxiliary members of the EKU Chapter of the Tau Sigma Honor Society.
- Be a fully admitted, on-campus transfer student seeking a first bachelor’s degree
- Students whose only college experience is Dual Credit in high school will seek admission to EKU as a first-time freshmen and are unable to obtain this scholarship.
- Present verifiable evidence of PTK membership by these published deadlines:
- June 15 for fall
- November 15 for spring
- March 15 for summer
- Maintain a cumulative EKU GPA of a 3.0 and complete at least 12 hours each semester to be eligible for renewal.
Important Policies and Guidelines
– EKU Admissions must receive (1) your EKU Application for Admission and (2) copies of all official transcripts by these deadlines. Students must make transcript requests from previous institutions at least 2 weeks in advance of these deadlines:
- April 15 for summer session
- June 15 for fall semester
- November 15 for spring semester
– Transfer student scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those students earning at least 24 hours after high school graduation. Awards are made based on the cumulative GPA at the time of admission to EKU.
– Scholarship recipients are required to enroll and complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester while maintaining a 3.0 EKU cumulative GPA.
– The scholarship can be received for a total of 6 consecutive fall and spring semesters.
– Students enrolled in a 100% online degree program are not eligible for transfer scholarships.
– Students who have already earned a baccalaureate degree are not eligible for transfer scholarships.
– Scholarship notifications will be sent via email once decisions are made.