Numerous activities mark the observance of Disabilities Awareness Month throughout October at Eastern Kentucky University.
The schedule of events is as follows:
· Thursday, Oct. 1 – Disabilities Awareness Day, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Powell Corner, information booths, wheelchair mobility activities, assistive technology demonstrations.
· Thursday, Oct. 1 – Lecture, “Accommodating Students with Disabilities: The Do’s, the Don’ts and All in Between,” Teresa Belluscio, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Teaching and Learning Center, Keen Johnson Building.
· Wednesday, Oct. 14-Monday, Nov. 2 – Library Showcase on Resources on ADA and Accessibility, John Grant Crabbe Main Library
· Tuesday, Oct. 20 – Global Café: “A Day in the Life of … Living with Disabilities at EKU,” 3-4 p.m., O’Donnell Hall, Whitlock Building.
· Wednesday, Oct. 21 – Disability Movies Night, 5-9 p.m., Crabbe Library 108.
· Thursday, Oct. 22 – Chautauqua Lecture, “Autism: The Metamorphosis of a Diagnosis,” EKU professor Dr. Myra Beth Bundy, 7:30 p.m., O’Donnell Hall, Whitlock Building.
· Wednesday, Oct. 28 – EKU Disabilities Office Open House, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Whitlock 361. Meet the staff and learn about resources available.
Events are coordinated by the University’s ADA Accessibility and Awareness Committee and co-sponsored by University Housing and the Office of Services for Individuals with Disabilities.