The Division of Natural Areas manages:
In addition, the Division of Natural Areas protects and manages three natural areas:
- Protect, properly manage, and maintain the University’s natural areas.
- Make the natural areas available as outdoor facilities to University groups, school groups, and the general public for environmental research and education.
- Provide professional expertise on natural resources and environmental issues.
- Promote environmental education through teacher professional development and outreach services to formal and non-formal education audiences.
- Facilitate and promote field research (including biological inventories, biological, and environmental monitoring) in the University natural areas and across the region
University classes and organizations, community groups and the general public are welcome to use the natural areas for a variety of purposes, depending on the site.
These uses may include: