Role and Responsibilities
Graduate assistant (GA) Departmental workload will not exceed 20 hours per week while including a minimum of nine (9) credits of academic coursework.
GAs may be responsible to complete any and all of the following assignments (based on the needs of the Department, student abilities, and interests):
- Assist in Departmental marketing activities (web page, community events, displays, internship files)
- Represent the Department at recruiting events (on and off campus)
- Assist Department faculty with classes
- Assist with Department and faculty research efforts
- Assist with annual James McChesney Memorial Golf Classic and other Service-Learning projects
- Assist with other Department events (undergraduate breakfasts, Research Symposium, etc.)
In order to be considered for a GA position, the applicant must be admitted into the Graduate School and the Master’s program in Recreation and Park Administration.
$10,850 plus 2/3 tuition waiver.
Effective Dates of Appointment
Academic year (mid-August to early-May)
Dr. Jon C. McChesney, Department Chair and Graduate Director
Department of Recreation and Park Administration
521 Lancaster Avenue
405 Begley Building
Eastern Kentucky University
Richmond, KY 40475
Phone: (859) 622-1835
GA positions with agencies in the area have been established. Please inquire upon application to the degree program.