More and more of the best and brightest students are finding a home: where the familiar and comfortable meet the shiny and new, where a rich heritage meets a bold vision for the future, and where a small-college feel with a faculty and staff who know you by name and care deeply about your success is matched by all the top-notch academic programs and modern facilities and amenities you would expect from a large, comprehensive university.
Even as its skyline evolves during the most ambitious campus revitalization initiative in its history, EKU remains keenly aware of what has sustained its appeal for more than a century: a friendly, nurturing and inclusive environment and a commitment to institutional excellence.
Find Your Passion and Purpose
A cornerstone of EKU’s mission as an institution of higher learning is academic excellence. For you, this means stepping into a learning support system that is over 100 years in the making. Providing a knowledge base that keeps you nimble in the workplace is our goal. Knowing “how” to think can sometimes be as important than “what” to think. Being prepared to critically and creatively apply your knowledge no matter what direction your career takes is what you earn at EKU. With over 100 degree programs you are sure to find a career path that is right for you. We are proud to say 75% of our students are employed one year after graduation.
EKU, The School of Opportunity
- Five consecutive years ranked in Top Tier of Regional Universities in South (US News & World Report)
- Named to “American’s Best Colleges” for sixth consecutive year (Forbes)
- Largest number (more than 1,500) of enrolled military veterans and dependents among Kentucky public institutions. EKU consistently ranks among national leaders in Military (Times’ “Best for Vets” survey)
- Among only 361 colleges and universities nationwide selected by Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching to receive 2015 Community Engagement Classification
- Recognized five consecutive years by Washington Monthly for Contributions to the Public Good
- First LEED Gold-certified residence hall on public university campus in Kentucky opened at EKU in 2014