Students wishing to gain admission to graduate standing in the Eastern Kentucky University Department of Computer Science and Information Technology must have:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 overall, or 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of the baccalaureate program.
- One of the following:
- Satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT. (The minimum satisfactory GRE score is 149 points on Quantitative. The minimum satisfactory GMAT score is 37 points on Quantitative.)
- A bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree in science, technology, engineering or math with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- An undergraduate precalculus course or equivalent mathematic background.
- At least a “C” in CSC 190 and 191, or equivalent courses.
Applicants may be admitted provisionally if they:
- Do not have GRE or GMAT scores available at the time of application and do not have a bachelor’s, master’s or Ph.D. degree in science, technology, engineering or math with a GPA of at least 3.0, but
- Meet requirements 1) and 3).
Students who are admitted provisionally must report acceptable GRE or GMAT scores before they sign up for the second semester.
Applicants may be granted probationary admissions upon the recommendation of the graduate coordinator and approval of the departmental chair, college dean and graduate dean if:
- Student has a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution but undergraduate GPA does not meet requirement 1) nor does the submitted GRE/GMAT score meet the satisfactory score, but
- The student meets requirement 3) and shows promise for successful graduate study.
Special Instructions for International Students
Eastern Kentucky University welcomes applications for graduate study from all qualified international students. In addition to general admission requirements, international students must also fulfill English Language Proficiency Requirements and other requirements. To see more about our requirements for international students visit the EKU Graduate School website. Only clear admissions may be granted to international students.
Graduate School Admission and Financial Assistance
For more information regarding graduate school admission and financial assistance, visit EKU Graduate Education and Research.