EKU is excited to announce the return of in-person, face-to-face cohort instruction for our MAEd – School Leadership degree program. Earn your Master’s in five semesters, meeting for 3 days each semester. The meetings are held during the school day and if you are selected for the program, your district will provide release time and cover the cost of a substitute teacher. Join us for the next great innovation at Eastern Kentucky University!
Benefits of a Cohort Model
- 1. Uses experiential learning, clinical experiences, & support from EKU faculty and district leaders working collaboratively.
- 2. Creates collaborative problem-solving and removes the sense of isolation.
- 3. Supports aspiring leaders in gaining knowledge, skills, experience, and confidence needed to be successful.
- 4. Face-to-Face instruction connects theory and practice, while emphasizing practical instructional leadership skills.
- 1. Contact your superintendent for information on the application process for your district.
- 2. Once selected, apply to EKU and the Graduate School.
- 3. Register for Fall 2022 classes.
- Cohort #1 – Richmond
- Cohort #2 – Danville, Nicholasville
- Cohort #3 – Georgetown, Paris, Winchester
Get the EKU Advantage!
This program features the discounted tuition rate of $350 per credit hour.
Option #6 – Alternative Certification
You may be eligible for employment as a school principal/assistant principal beginning Fall 2022!
- Fall 2022 – EAD 801, EAD 829
- Spring 2023 – EAD 851, EAD 852
- Summer 2023 – EAD 819, EAD 828
- Fall 2023 – EAD 827, EAD 840
- Spring 2024 – EAD 856, EAD 857
Dr. Kevin Hub
Published on May 09, 2022