Career options include: reading/literacy specialist (P-12); literacy coach (P-12); teacher leader educator.
Please note: This program does not lead to certification in teaching language arts/reading/writing/English.
Teacher Leader Core (6 hours)
- ETL 800 Leadership Skills for Teachers
- ETL 805 Research Methods for Educ Profes
Literacy Coursework (21 hours)
- ELE 871 Literacy Programs P-5
- EMG 806 Reading Instruction in Middle School
- EMG 807 Writing and Teaching Writing OR ENG 805 Writing Project Summer Institute OR EME 852 Teaching Grammar and Punctuation
- EMS 873 Trends and Issues in Language Arts
- EMS 875 Literacy Assessment and Instruction
- EMS 876 Literacy, Leadership, and Advocacy
- EME 877 Practicum for Reading Specialists
Exit Requirement (3 hours):
- ETL 806 Teacher Leader Capstone
- EDF 804 Teaching and Leading with Technology (2 hours)
- GRD 878g (no credit)
You must pass the Literacy Specialist Praxis to complete the program and certification.
Total Program Requirements: 30 hours
More information can be found in the EKU Graduate Catalog