The Summer 2023 and Fall 2023 application will open on March 1st, 2023.
KY State Requirements
- Be enrolled in a participating secondary school. Colleges may also provide dual credit to eligible students in private secondary schools and home school settings.
- Meet the college’s dual credit requirements for admission.
- Be admitted to the participating college as a dual credit student.
- Meet the requirements for placement into college credit-bearing courses or courses in programs of study that align with a career pathway.
- Complete an application for admissions.
- The student must have an unweighted GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Placement exams like the ACT or SAT are not required for admissions but may be required for certain Math and Science courses.
- Complete the Dual Credit Orientation after acceptance.
- Enroll in one or more Dual Credit courses.
Students are only required to complete an application once for the Dual Credit program.
If you are a Kentucky homeschooled high school student, you may enroll in dual credit courses if you meet the Dual Credit admissions requirements and submit a transcript showing your current grade level.