Eastern Kentucky University has partnered with RaiseMe, an organization that helps make the process of earning financial assistance for college easier and more transparent for families everywhere. Through the RaiseMe program, high school students can begin earning scholarship dollars during 9th-12th grade for achievements such as good grades, visiting campus, community service, test scores, leadership roles and more.
Rather than waiting until you have applied and been accepted to EKU, you can begin earning scholarship dollars now as you build your high school portfolio of accomplishments. RaiseMe micro-scholarships represent the minimum amount of guaranteed scholarships you will receive from EKU if you are accepted and enroll. Once you have applied and been admitted to the university at the beginning of your senior year, EKU will evaluate your entire academic profile and may offer you a higher merit scholarship*. However, by participating in the EKU RaiseMe program you’ll know ahead of time the minimum scholarship aid you can depend on.
Steps to Become an EKU RaiseMe Participant:
- Join by going to EKU’s RaiseMe site.
- Follow EKU on the platform.
- Have a 3.0+ high school GPA to earn a micro-scholarship.
To Lock In Your Minimum Scholarship Seniors Must:
- Have added grades for at least 15 high school course credits into your portfolio by October 15.
- Apply to Eastern Kentucky University by October 15.
Students receiving merit scholarship offers will receive written notification from Big E Central and the EKU Scholarship Office in late fall. Students who do not receive a higher award will see their RaiseMe scholarship award reflected on their full financial aid award notification during the spring semester prior to high school graduation.
* RaiseMe scholarships are included within any merit scholarship offer or discounted tuition programs such as the Out-of-State Rate.