Select Page
Home 9 Student Parents

Student Parents

Resources for students who have children or other dependents include the Center for Student Parents, state and federal programs, and a directory for lactation spaces on campus.

EKU Center for Student Parents

Use this resource if you are a student who is pregnant or parenting a child. This can include biological parents, grandparents raising grandchildren, single parents, and foster and adoptive parents.

  • Located on the Richmond campus in the Turley House or on the Corbin campus in room 117.
  • CSP works with all EKU student parents regardless of campus locations.
  • Call 859-622-6684 or email Robyn Moreland to discuss services and resources available to EKU’s student parents.
  • Visit the Center for Student Parents website.

Eastern Scholar House and Kit Carson Commons

  • Program that provides housing to low-income single parents enrolled in any certification or post-secondary education program.
  • Contact Jackie Dean, Housing Director at 859-408-7025 with questions about eligibility or a request to apply.
  • Visit the Eastern Scholar House website.

Child Care

State and Federal Resources

Community Programs for Pregnant and Parenting Individuals

  • Athena Behavioral Health is a local program specializing in services for young women (ages 13-30) and single parents, including family peer support, life skills and parenting classes, therapy, support groups, and more.
  • The Women’s Care Center provides free support for pregnant individuals.
  • Planned Parenthood provides health care support for pregnant individuals as well as pregnancy testing and services.
  • Madison Pregnancy Help Center provides pregnancy care in Richmond.


Student Wellness

521 Lancaster Avenue
CPO 53, Whitlock Building 347
Richmond, KY 40475
Phone: (859) 622-3436
Fax: (859) 622-2402