EKU’s Marching Colonel for a Day program provides high school students the opportunity to perform with the Marching Colonels at Roy Kidd Stadium during a home football game. This event is open to all high school marching band members.
Due to increased costs, we are asking for a fee of $10 per student. This will include commemorative swag for the student, food prior to game and after half-time, and complimentary tickets for parents and band directors. You can access the online payment portal after you register, or directly by using this link.
November 18, 2023
*If your school doesn’t allow downloads from Google Drive (Rockcastle is one), try this alternate link.
Schedule of Events (tentative)
- 9:00 – Arrival and Check-in
- 9:30 – Meet your Sections, and Sectional rehearsals (MC’s on field)
- 9:45 – Winds Group rehearsal
- 10:15 – Full Ensemble Halftime Rehearsal
- 11:00 – Wrap-up, Announcements
- 11:30 – Group photo in Powell Plaza
- 12:00 – Tailgate food with the Marching Colonels
- 12:45 – Baseball Warmup
- 1:00 – Baseball Performance: Pregame, Hey Baby, Halftime
- 1:30 – Arrive at Roy Kidd and move into stands
- 1:44 – MC’s Pregame
- 2:02 – Kickoff
- 3:15 – Approximate Halftime
- 5:30 – Approximate end of game
Time of Arrival / Registration
All participants should plan to arrive on the Eastern Kentucky University campus approximately around 9:00am EST, Saturday, November 18, 2023 to check-in and prepare for rehearsal. Check in for all participants will take place in the Mobberly Lot north of Roy Kidd Stadium. If you have registered and cannot participate for some reason, please contact us so that we may adjust our numbers for food orders.
Lunch (tailgate pizza) will be served to participants at no additional cost. Non-participants and observers will be responsible for their own meals. Fruit and snacks will be provided after halftime as well.
What to Bring
- Brass and woodwinds should bring your school band uniform, instrument, music, lyre, and flip folder to hold your music.
- Percussionists should bring your school band uniform, your instrument, sticks. *Note: We do not use pit percussion. If you are a pit percussionist, please bring a marching percussion instrument.
- Colorguard should bring your uniform, flags and poles.
- Twirlers should bring your uniform and any neccesary equipment.
PLEASE BRING THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT, MUSIC, ETC. WE CANNOT PROVIDE ANY OF THE ABOVE ITEMS.
If for some reason, you cannot bring your high school band uniform, don’t worry, just wear some spirit gear to represent your school!
The temperature for MCfaD can be very cold, or sometimes very pleasant. Please be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear layers, long sleeves, bring a jacket, long johns, leggings, etc. Bring a hat, scarf, gloves. Above all, you need to be comfortable so you can have fun with us!
You can bring a water bottle, hand warmers, and some snacks (although we will feed you two different times!)
The half-time program will include songs for our halftime show, along with some traditional songs, such as Hail, Hail; and Yea! Eastern. Please download the music and prepare all of these pieces prior to arrival, so we may perform at our highest level. Also, we ask that students download and prepare Hey! Baby!, Defensive Cheers, and Shorties.
Thank you for loaning us your students for the weekend! We will have complimentary tickets for you to attend the game. If you will have more than one director attending, please let me know. My email address is posted below.
Visitors and Parents
We welcome parents and friends to attend this event. You may pick up one or two complimentary tickets to the game for your parents Saturday during check-in. Additional tickets may be purchased at the ticket box office, by telephone at 859-622-2122, or on the EKU Athletics website.
If you have any other questions, contact Dr. Wiggins at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you in November!