The Praxis® tests measure the knowledge and skills you need to become a teacher.
You may be able to use your ACT scores instead of taking the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators exams. OR, if you don’t make the state-required scores on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators exams, you may be able to use your GPA or ACT scores for admission.
Near the end of your teacher education program at EKU, you are required to take additional Praxis exams to demonstrate your knowledge of teaching. These exams vary by teacher certification but usually include the PLT (Principles of Learning and Teaching Exam) and subject assessment(s).
Use the free resources recommended above, but if you want to purchase study resources, here are some examples.
Need accommodations or help paying for your Praxis Exams? Here are resources:
If you are an EKU student, EKU Library Learning Express Library offers FREE practice tests and study guides.
- If the link above does not take you directly to LearningExpress Libary – go to A-Z Databases (eku.edu) and choose LearningExpress Library
- Create an account using your EKU information with EBSCO LearningExpress Library
- After creating an account, go to Home. Choose the Career Preparation.
- Scroll and choose Prepare for Teaching Exams
- Choose the practice exams and free study guides for the Core Tests or Subject Assessments for your teacher certification.