College of Education and Applied Human Sciences Scholarships
Undergraduate Level Scholarships
|Byrne Memorial Education Scholarship/Shirley||Full-time, undergraduate education majors with focus on elementary or middle grades teaching in good standing with minimum 3.0 GPA.|
|Call Me Mister||New or current student in good academic standing; maintain at least a 2.8 GPA; remain in good academic standing with the Call Me Mister program in the College of Education|
|College of Education and Applied Human Sciences Study Abroad||For full-time students in good academic standing with a 3.0 cumulative GPA and one year completed course work; first preference students from EKU service region, then Kentucky resident; preference given to student who demonstrates financial need (FAFSA required); student must be accepted to an EKU affiliated Education Study Abroad Program that applies toward their EKU degree.|
|DeHoop Scholarship Fund/Wieste||Awarded to an undergraduate student pursuing a degree in the field of Special Education with demonstration of strong scholarship, service to the profession and community, with leadership potential. Applicant must be nominated by a member of the Eastern Kentucky University community.|
|Faye Allen Hale Non-Endowed Scholarship||Full time undergrads in Junior or Senior year majoring in education to pursue a career in elementary or high school teacher; U.S. Citizen from Eastern KY; 2.5 min. GPA|
|Francis Scholarship Fund||For a senior elementary education major with a language arts emphasis who shows “demonstrated quality of effort and performance in class, lab, & academic studies” plus faculty recommendations.|
|Hansen Memorial Fund/Mae||Junior or senior standing student admitted to Professional Education Program. Student must have financial need and show evidence of positive personal qualities and high academic achievement.|
|J. Dorland and Thomas Jackson Coates Scholarship||Kentucky resident majoring in education, having above average academic potential and personal traits of good citizenship. Preference will be given to students with financial need. This is a renewable scholarship. (High school seniors are eligible to apply.)|
|Marie Celine Braun Kuhl Non-Endowed Scholarship||For full time undergrads in Junior or Senior year majoring in education to pursue a career in elementary or high school teacher; U.S. Citizen from Eastern KY; 2.5 min. GPA|
|Pigman Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund||Full-time female elementary education major from Eastern Kentucky with preference given to residents of Floyd or Knott Counties first. This is a renewable scholarship.|
|Ramsey Endowed Scholarship Fund/Imogene||Elementary or middle school education majors who have completed 60 hours with at least a 2.75 GPA, for students from EKU’s 22-county service region with preference given to first-generation college students with financial need. This is a renewable scholarship.|
Graduate Level Scholarships
|Cooper Memorial Fund||Graduate student in the College of Education and Applied Human Sciences, 3.6 GPA minimum.|
|Franz-Myers Scholarship||For part-time or full-time students earning a MA-Education degree with library science emphasis. Renewable for up to two years with a 3.0 GPA.|
|Litte Summer Institute Fund/Thomas and Hazel||For graduate students in College of Education and Applied Human Sciences; principals, superintendents; etc.|
|Martin Endowed Graduate Education Scholarship/Joe David and Alice||Graduate students pursuing Master’s or Doctoral degree in Education. Preference given to current full-time elementary or secondary teachers. Must have financial need. Renewable if minimum 3.25 GPA is maintained.|
More Scholarship Opportunities
- Learn about additional EKU Scholarships you may qualify for at Scholarships at EKU and the Net Price Calculator to determine out-of-pocket costs and begin your financial aid application process.
- Learn about scholarships for educators offered by Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA)here: Early Childhood Development Scholarship AND Teacher Scholarship Program
- Select this link to learn more about the Kentucky Traineeship Scholarship for students seeking special education or early childhood education (IECE).
- If you are a member of Kentucky Education Association (KEA) or the KEA student organization (KEA-Aspiring Educators) you may qualify for these scholarships.
- Scholarships for undergraduates and graduate students from Blue Grass Community Foundation
Tips for finding more scholarships online and more scholarships
Financial Aid Information
Financial Aid Opportunities for Educators
College of Education and Applied Human Sciences Student Support Fund
Purpose: To assist students in paying for PRAXIS exams fees required for admission to teacher education, certifications, or endorsements.
- Must be a full-time EKU undergraduate elementary, middle, secondary, or P-12 education major (12 or more credit hour in a semester) OR part-time graduate student (fewer than 9 credit hours per semester).
- Minimum 2.75 GPA for undergraduate students OR 3.0 for graduate students.
- Must apply for and qualify for student financial aid
- Students may receive funding for a maximum of three different PRAXIS exams.
- Students may NOT receive funding for the same PRAXIS exam more than one time.
- This fund cannot reimburse fees already paid the ETS/PRAXIS.
- Test dates must be at least 60 days AFTER the deadline of the application.
- Complete application form (below).
- January 25th is the deadline to request funding for test dates AFTER March 25.
- October 1st is the deadline to request funding for test dates AFTER October 25.
- April 25th is the deadline to request funding for test dates AFTER June 25.