1 award of $2,000, made possible by the Noel Endowment Fund.
Application form available here.
This award is presented to an EKU faculty member who exhibits exemplary leadership. Leadership could take the form of service to the University or within communities and organizations external to EKU.
Any current full-time or part-time faculty member is eligible, with the following qualifications:
- Senior administrators at the Associate Dean level and higher are not eligible.
- Nominees may not receive the same award in two consecutive award cycles.
- Nominees must have taught at least one course at EKU during the fall or spring of the current award cycle.
All complete applications received by the deadline will be considered. Awards are selected by an appointed committee composed of previous award winners (when possible), faculty peers, and other university representatives with expertise in the award area. Applications are evaluated based on a rubric. Award recipients will be notified no later than March 1, and will be invited to attend the University Faculty Awards Ceremony during Scholars Week.
(1) Narrative: Each applicant should submit an 800-word (or less) narrative in support of their application. In the event that a narrative exceeds 800 words, only the first 800 words will be considered.
Applicants may also include the use of up to five examples in an appendix. These examples must illustrate points already made in the narrative rather than adding new details, and only the first five will be considered. Descriptions of the examples may be provided and should not exceed 25 words each (which are not counted toward the narrative’s word limit).
For this award, the narrative should answer the following questions:
- What is your leadership philosophy?
- How is your leadership style informed by your experiences in the classroom and/or subject-matter expertise in your home discipline?
- How and to what extent has your leadership made an impact at EKU and beyond?
- How has your leadership enhanced knowledge, innovation, and/or transformation at EKU?
(2) Letters: Each submission is required to have a letter of support from a supervisor addressing the applicant’s efforts and success in the award area. In addition, no more than two (2) additional letters of support from others (e.g. students, colleagues, alumni) may be included.
Decisions are made using rubrics that considers both the breadth and depth of leadership as described in the nomination.