Welcome to Eastern Kentucky University
Welcome to The Campus Beautiful. We’re glad you’re here.
Eastern Kentucky University is a student-centered university that has provided more than a century of distinguished service to Kentucky, as well as life-changing opportunities for hundreds of thousands of Colonels.
From our rich history and state-of-the-art facilities to our pristine green spaces and welcoming community, you’ll find a lot to love while you’re here. Enjoy your visit.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Special tours and events pre-scheduled or by appointment
Eerdman Olympic Sports Training Center (Old Campus Rec)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Commonwealth Hall, 2nd Floor, Suite A
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Welcome to Eastern Kentucky University’s Virtual Campus Experience. If it’s on campus, it’s only a few clicks away. From academics to unique college traditions, the virtual tour showcases the student experience – before you ever step foot on campus.
With roots dating back to 1874, and from its establishment in 1906 as a normal school that prepared schoolteachers, Eastern Kentucky University has grown to provide nearly 100 in-demand degree programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral levels with dozens of concentrations.
Today, the university’s approximately 17,000 students come from every U.S. state and dozens of countries. EKU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, and dozens of individual programs of study are professionally accredited by some of the nation’s leading councils and industry groups. Additionally, EKU is the region’s premier School of Opportunity; more than half of EKU’s student body are first-generation students, low-income students or both.
- 16,881 total enrollment
- 14,293 undergrad enrollment
- 2,629 first-time freshmen
- 56.82% female, 43.18% male
- 11.08% students of color
- 3.34 average GPA
- Students from all 50 states and 36 countries
- 16:1 student-faculty ratio
- Nearly 100 programs of study with dozens of concentrations
- 230 student organizations
See What Programs We Offer
- With nearly 100 majors to choose from, we have a field of study for you. Check out our program list.
Ready to Become a Colonel?
Great choice. Tell us a little about yourself.
- I am applying as a first-time freshman.
- I am transferring from another college.
- I am from another country.
- I am a veteran.
- I previously attended EKU and I want to finish my degree.
- I am applying to graduate school.
- I want to take online classes.
- I want to talk to a counselor.
- EKU Libraries – Read, research or just relax for a while.
- Parking – Learn how to obtain a visitor’s parking pass.
- EKU Stories – Read the latest on EKU people, places and programs.
- EKU Sports – Get tickets to a game read the latest sports news.
- EKU Center for the Arts – Get tickets to a show and see what’s coming up.
- EKU Calendars – See what’s happening on The Campus Beautiful.
- Hummel Planetarium – View upcoming events that are out of this world.
- Show off your #EKUPride with these social media downloads: https://brand.eku.edu/downloads.
Do Some Shopping
- Get officially licensed, EKU-themed books, clothing and gifts at the EKU Official Bookstore by Barnes & Noble.