Select Page

Definition Of An Eligible Noncitizen

Generally, you are an eligible noncitizen if you are:

  1. A U.S. permanent resident with Permanent Resident Card (I-551)
  2. A conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
  3. The holder of an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security showing any one of the following designations:
    • “Refugee”
    • “Asylum Granted”
    • “Parolee” (I-94 confirms paroled for a minimum of one year and status has not expired)
    • “Cuban-Haitian Entrant”

You are not an eligible noncitizen if you are in the U.S. on a:

  • F1 or F2 student visa
  • J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa
  • G series visa (pertaining to international organizations)

If you are neither a citizen nor an eligible noncitizen, you are not eligible for federal student aid.