Mission and Goals
Eastern Kentucky University’s Department of Computer Science and Information Technology aims to make students productive professionals.
Program Learning Objectives
- Our graduates will be productive professionals in the computing field.
- Our graduates will develop professionally through continued formal education and/or professional activities.
- Our graduates will demonstrate leadership skills at work.
- Our graduates will contribute to community as computing professionals.
Student Learning Outcomes (ABET Accreditation Criteria)
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions. [CS]