The Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center located in the Crabbe Library opened in June of 2000 after the generous donation given by its benefactor, Chad Bratzke. Chad was a walk-on to the EKU football team and went on to achieve success in the NFL with the Indianapolis Colts. The former EKU All-American, Bratzke earned many academic honors while at EKU including Colonel Scholar and Presidential Scholar.
The office of Bratzke Student-Athlete Academic Success Center offers a variety of support services including mentoring, tutoring, study hall and academic advising to help assist the more than 300 EKU student-athletes reach their full academic potential. The over 3,000 square foot Bratzke Center has grown over the years to include a tutoring center, 34 station computer lab, academic advising office suite, as well as a classroom. A staff of academic advisors, tutors, and mentors work one on one with student-athletes to provide them support in their transition from high school to college and throughout their careers at EKU.
Our most important pursuit is inspiring the quest for academic excellence of our student-athletes through structured support programming focused on a culture of integrity, and accountability. We want to aspire greatness and educate our students to become self-directed thinkers and learners. We want our student-athletes to discover who they are as leaders and develop effective leadership skills to empower themselves and make a difference.
Goals of the Student-Athlete Academic Success Center
- To emphasize academic integrity through ensuring compliance with EKU, ASUN and NCAA academic requirements and regulations
- To provide multifaceted academic support services, which will assist student-athletes in achieving academic success
- To offer educational workshops and programming focusing on career, personal, professional and leadership development
- To provide community service opportunities to our student-athletes to enhance their overall college experience through serving others
Academic Services for Athletes
- Academic Advising
- Priority Registration for Classes
- Mentoring Program
- Tutoring Program
- Life Skills Programming
- Bratzke Leadership Academy
- Community Outreach
- Study Hall
- Travel Notifications
- Assistance with Recruiting Visits
- NCAA Eligibility and Academic Monitoring
We believe that in order to make a difference in the lives of our student-athletes, we must provide them with the programs, services, and tools necessary for success in the classroom. In the Bratzke Center, we intend to create an atmosphere that encourages the students to take advantage of the support available and provides a place of welcome. We have high expectations for our student-athletes and have many programs and services designed to build champions in the classroom.