The EKU Education Abroad Ambassador program is an opportunity to share your global perspectives and study abroad stories, raise awareness and interest in study abroad programs, and inspire your peers and prospective EKU students to engage in diverse and inclusive cross-cultural learning experiences worldwide.
By serving as an EKU Education Abroad Ambassador, you will reflect on your time abroad in a meaningful way while developing concrete skills to articulate the value of your global experience in your personal, professional, and academic endeavors. As an Ambassador, you will also strengthen your leadership skills and expand your networks at Eastern Kentucky University and beyond.
All study abroad returnees are encouraged to apply to be a Study Abroad Ambassador. Diversity in our Ambassador program is a top priority, as we want all students to see that study abroad is truly for everyone. We encourage students of all genders, races, national origins, abilities, religions, sexualities, majors, financial backgrounds and program locations to apply. We want the Education Abroad Ambassador program to represent as best as possible the overall community at EKU to help prospective students see themselves reflected in our Ambassadors.
Ambassador Activities include(but not limited to):
- Representing EKU Education Abroad at campus-wide events and/or program-specific events
- Promoting study abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media, on-campus outreach efforts, and other marketing initiatives
- Creating and/or curating content with the Education Abroad office on your study abroad program experience
- Other projects, depending on your interests and expertise
Ambassador Qualifications include:
- Ability to holistically reflect upon and articulate a variety of topics from your time abroad
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude regarding international experiences while representing EKU Study Abroad
- Possessing strong multifaceted communication skills (writing, speaking)
- Passion for and involvement in the EKU community through co-curricular and academic organizations
- Reliability and accountability for overall responsibilities and timely correspondence with staff members
- Commitment varies throughout the academic year depending on event schedule and specific program outreach, but typically include:
- A video interview
- A social media spotlight session
- Participation in any of the following: info sessions, study abroad fairs, education abroad conference, classroom visits, etc.
- Answering student questions by email or chat as needed
- An Education Abroad Ambassador digital badge (compatible with most professional platforms such as LinkedIn)
- Leadership Skills
- Networking opportunities within Eastern Kentucky and beyond
Apply today! Application is open to EKU study abroad returnees only! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.