EKU Campus Recreation employs over 150 students on campus, and annually invests nearly $300,000 back into our students through wages and development.
We are always recruiting individuals to staff the recreation facilities. The facilities are open from 6 a.m. – 11 p.m. each week during the academic year where students work 3 to 4 hour shifts. If you are interested please search the university employment website for Campus Recreation positions available.
We have a variety of opportunities to join our dedicated and friendly staff! All open positions will be posted to the EKU Careers site. Here are some entry level positions we employ, and most have opportunities for advancement:
- eSports Broadcast Attendant
- eSports Lounge Attendant
- Facility Staff Attendant
- Group Fitness Instructor/Personal Trainer
- Intramural Official
- Marketing Assistant
To search for positions currently hiring, go to the EKU Careers page and search “Campus Recreation.”
Alumni in the World of Rec!
- Nolan Spann: EKU Class of 2020 – Exercise Physiologist PRN, Premise Health
- Brittany (Fuson) Sweet: EKU Class of 2018 – Enrollment Counselor, University of the Cumberlands
- Paul Sutton: EKU Class of 2018 – Customer & Facility Services Intern, Miami University
- Kyle Close: EKU Class of 2018 – Coordinator of Club and Recreational Sports, Beacon College
- Davis Preston: EKU Class of 2017 – Graduate Assistant of Outdoors, The University of Mississippi
- Erin Leitch: EKU Class of 2017 – Graduate Assistant of Competitive Sports, Missouri State University
- Demetria Young: EKU Class of 2017 – Coordinator of Sport Clubs and Camps, Louisiana State University
- Merrissa Vault – EKU Class of 2016 – Assistant Director of Wellness and Recreation, University of Miami\
- Jordan Burke – EKU Class of 2016 – Assistant Director of Marketing and Outreach at the University of California Santa Barbara
Want to learn more about Campus Recreation and our student staff positions? Take a look at our Virtual Job Recruitment Presentation! We provide information regarding all of our open positions, directions on how to apply and contact information for any specific questions.