About the Noel Studio
The Noel Studio for Academic Creativity programs exist to create innovative support for communication, research, and teaching and learning initiatives that enhance deep learning at EKU. The Noel Studio is a multiliteracy center offering integrated support for writing, speaking, research, and multimodal communication. We help students develop effective communication skills by promoting critical and creative thinking through peer-to-peer meetings called consultations, as well as by providing technology, spaces, and resources, with or without a consultation. Additionally, the Noel Studio serves as the umbrella program for multiple campus units, including those that support faculty development via the Faculty Center for Teaching & Learning (FCT&L). You can access our Mission, Vision, & Values and learn more about our history, staff and structure, and how our programs support students and faculty development, as well as how we can work with faculty to integrate writing and communication support into their classroom, using the left-side navigation menu, “Explore the Noel Studio.”
About the Space
What can I do in the Noel Studio?
Work alone, in small groups, or with a trained Noel Studio consultant in an interactive, high-energy environment; print materials and adjust multiple high-tech and low-tech spaces to accommodate diverse learning styles, communication projects, and collaborative groups; and move furniture to create your own ideal environment for designing effective communication.
Noel Studio Breakout 3
- Small, moveable chairs with desk attachments create a dynamic, fluid atmosphere that can quickly rearrange according to need
- Touch-screen SMART board and dry-erase boards accommodate both high- and low- technology approaches to teaching and learning
Noel Studio Discovery Classroom (Library 310D)
- Around the room projection and comfortable, moveable furniture allows for dynamic, interactive presentations
- Inspires informal discussion between students and faculty in a non-traditional classroom setting.
Noel Studio Conference Room (Library 310K)
- Flexible meeting space that offers students and faculty an alternative to classrooms or boardrooms for professional presentations and collaborations.