What is a consultation?
What kinds of projects can I bring to the Noel Studio?
What will my consultant do during a consultation?
- Choosing a topic and organizing thoughts and ideas.
- Researching, drafting, and revising.
- Improving grammar, punctuation, and clarity.
- Drafting an effective thesis statement and developing persuasive appeals.
- Arranging effective collaboration and group dynamics in presentations.
- Citing sources properly according to MLA, APA, or CMS.
- Developing effective speech communication practices.
- Asking questions and thinking critically and creatively about a topic or writing/communication assignment.
- Understanding media options and uses.
Who can have consultations in the Noel Studio?
What types of things should I bring to my consultation?
- Ideas, questions, and/or specific goals.
- Prompts and/or guidelines for the assignment.
- Feedback from your instructor.
- Related or required readings and/or research you plan to reference.
- Outlines, notes, drafts, and/or plans.
Do I have to have an appointment for a consultation or can I just drop in and work with a consultant?
The Noel Studio helps EKU students develop effective communication skills by promoting critical and creative thinking through peer-to-peer meetings called consultations.
General Information about Online Consultations
How do I schedule an online consultation?
Do I need to be present during my Online Consultation?
Can I just upload or send my work ahead of time for proofreading and/or editing?
What internet browser should I use for my Online Consultation?
Do I need access to a computer mic or webcam for an Online Consultation?
How do I share my project with the Consultant? What formats are compatible?
PLEASE NOTE: Our online booking system will not allow students to schedule their own online consultation unless a full hour is available/open following the selected start time for the appointment. For more information about consultation policies, visit our Policies and/or FAQs page. To schedule a consultation, see Scheduling a Consultation.