Admission Criteria for Second Degree BSN Program
- Evidence of completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a non-nursing discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Complete all pre-requisite coursework in Anatomy and Physiology I (BIO 307), Anatomy and Physiology II (BIO 308), Microbiology (BIO 273 or MLS 209), Nutrition (NFA 201), and Statistics (STA 215 or STA 270). The science and the nutrition classes must be completed within the last five years prior to entering the program unless an exception is granted by the department. There is no time limit on statistics courses. Courses may be completed full time or part time at EKU or other institutions.
The Admission Scale Rubric used to evaluate 2nd Degree applicants is included here for reference.
Admission Criteria for Post-MSN Certificate
Minimum requirements for admission to the program include:
- Admission to the Graduate School
- A master of science in nursing degree from a nationally accredited program
- A free and unrestricted R.N. license in Kentucky (or a recognized compact state) with no Kentucky Board of Nursing imposed restrictions on practice, voluntary or otherwise Admission is competitive and limited to available space.
In addition to the above criteria, consideration is also given to the student’s statement of Personal and Professional Objectives submitted with the Graduate School application, the three required professional references, and the rural nature of the site identified for matriculation or proposed for future practice. Priority is given to degree-seeking applications. Apply anytime; admission considered as space available.