General EKU Scholarship Information
Visit scholarships.eku.edu for comprehensive updated information and resources on all types of scholarships and programs. Learn more about opportunities for in-state and out-of-state freshmen, transfer students, and current students. Students may be eligible for EKU’s retention, merit, alumni legacy, diversity and first generation scholarships.
Learn More about Scholarships.
Whitlock Building Room 251
Your contribution to the School of Nursing Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Development Fund will help deserving students in need.
EKU Foundation Scholarships
In addition to general merit scholarship programs, the Eastern Kentucky University Foundation offers EKU Foundation Scholarships. Through the generosity of donors there are a variety of general scholarships–many are specifically designated for EKU nursing students only. Apply using a single, easy online application to be considered for all possible EKU Foundation scholarships. Letters of recommendation and financial documentation may be required.
EKU Foundation Scholarships - Departmental/School of Nursing
Generous donors have established scholarships managed by the School of Nursing. These scholarships have a separate application process through the School of Nursing office. Information and an online application will be posted soon.
|School of Nursing Foundation Scholarship||Donor||Scholarship Criteria|
|Baccalaureate and Graduate Nursing Scholarship||Gifts from many donors||Baccalaureate or graduate student admitted to the clinical nursing sequence.
|Family Nurse Practitioner Scholarship||Anonymous||Full time EKU student in Nurse Practitioner program
Completed equivalent NSC 870 “Rural Health” and NSC 800 “Advanced Practice”
Have worked with underserved in volunteer, student, or professional role
Desire or intent to work with underserved after graduation
Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above
Demonstrate financial need by Scholarship Office or Financial Aid Office
Anonymous award provides sum of $600 annually
|Hays Memorial Endowed Nursing Scholarship||The Hays Family||Must be admitted to EKU and pursuing a degree
Preference to following:
Resident of Breathitt County or Perry County first, if none: EKU Service region
Junior in good standing pursuing a degree in the SON
Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Demonstrate financial need FAFSA required
Award amount is $1,000 annually
|Carolyn C. Mattingly Endowed Scholarship||C. Richard Mattingly||Student admitted to the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
3.5 GPA maintained
Commitment to mental health and wellness int he community
|McCrary Memorial Nursing Scholarship Fund||Family and friends of Michelle McCrary||Nursing student with a disability pursuing a BSN degree in their junior or senior year|
|Ousley Family Endowed Scholarship||Mary K. Ousley||For full-time students in good academic standing at EKU
Formally admitted into the BSN program
First preference single parents; secondary preference given to a parent with financial need
Multiple recipients receive $1,000 each
|Mitchell J. and Mary H. Slater Endowed Scholarship||Mitchell J. and Mary H. Slater||Financial support to qualified, non-traditional students at least 24 years of age and in ASN program at EKU
Criteria for consideration includes:
Residency in KY
Minimum 2.3 GPA
2nd semester or beyond standing
Written statement required explaining need/ rationale for choosing nursing as a career
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
- Bluegrass Community Foundation Loren Richards Elder Care Scholarship
- Capital Ovarian Cancer Organization C.O.C.O. Jerri Heltzel Robinson Memorial Nursing Scholarship
- F.A. Davis Scholarship
- Health Resources and Services Administration Nurse Corps Scholarship Program
- Kentucky Board of Nursing Incentive Scholarship Fund (NISF)
- Kentucky Nurses Association/ KNF Mildred Meta and Nursing Excellence Scholarships
- Kentucky Nurses Association Nightingale Chapter Scholarship
- National Black Nurses Association
- National CPR Association
- National Health Service Corps Scholarship Program (NHSC SP)
- National Hispanic Nurses Association Scholarship Program
- Norton Healthcare Scholars Program Tuition Assistance and Loan Forgiveness
- Norton Healthcare Student Nurse Paid Apprenticeship Program (SNAP)
- Silent Workers Circle Nursing Scholarship
- Veterans Affairs (VA) Health Professionals Scholarship Program (HPSP)
Resources, Programs, and Assistance
- BookSmart Program Free textbooks for all undergrads
- CCAMPIS Child Care Access Means Parents in School Child Care Grant
- Colonel’s Cupboard For students who may be experiencing food insecurity or those in need of toiletry items and clothing.
- Robert R. Martin Student Emergency Loan Fund (S.E.L.F.) A short term emergency loan for up to $150 for students admitted to a CHS major. Application available in the Health Sciences Learning Resource Center in the Rowlett Building Room 310.
- Student Assistance Fund for Eastern (SAFE) Short-term financial assistance for immediate, essential expenses due to an unexpected emergency or crisis situation. Awards do not generally exceed $300.